One of the things that I’ve been doing a lot of since being on maternity leave is watching make-up tutorials. I particularly love Lisa Eldridge’s YouTube channel for its variety of make-up how tos.
Making videos has increasingly become a part of my day job and so in order to try to retain the skills I’ve learnt while I’m away from the office, I thought I would try my hand at making my own make-up video. Let me know what you think – but please be kind, it’s my first time!
Shop the video:
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser SPF20
- No7 Skin Illuminator
- Dior Diorskin Nude Air Tan Powder
- The No7 Beautiful Eyebrow Kit
- No7 Stay Perfect in Mink
- DIORSHOW ICONIC Overcurl Mascara
We celebrated our first wedding anniversary at the weekend. I can’t believe it’s a been a year – what a year! In the next couple of weeks, we will welcome our first baby and I am so excited.
I loved my wedding dress. I hadn’t ever really dreamed of a big princess style dress and had no idea what I wanted when we first started planning our wedding. In fact, I ended up buying the dress before we’d booked the venue! My mum and I were out for a day’s shopping when we popped into Monsoon and on a whim, I tried on this dress and fell in love. I loved the length, the floaty style and the lace and shape which had a vintage feel. Plus, the price point was spot on – less than £100!
Whilst browsing the Mango sale (so many good things), I spotted a few options if you’re looking for a beautiful wedding gown that won’t break the bank, check out this option:
Shop the post: Guipure gown.
I realise that we’re already over a month into 2016 but there are still over ten months left. So as the title says, better late than never.
2015 was a wonderful year.
We got married – a truly magical day. We travelled to new and favourite places. We visited Copenhagen for the second time, we honeymooned in southern Italy and we discovered Portugal’s capital, Lisbon, later in the year.
Finally, we finished the year with the news that we were expecting our first child! It was really fabulous news. However it has curbed my blogging somewhat, as I spent the first few months being quite sick.
2016 looks as if it will be an exciting year with our baby arriving in the summer.
I am keen that this blog continues with the style and beauty content that I have always written but I also want to start to document my pregnancy and the journey I’m on. So I have started a new blog – the Trainee Mum – to do this. If you’re interested in the content, let me know what you think. Otherwise, I’ll be sure to be back on track with posting on here very soon.
It’s that time of year when you have the tricky task of shopping for your office Secret Santa. Sometimes, it’s easy peasy but other times, you’ll be completely stumped when you pick the new guy who you’ve barely spoken to since they started two weeks ago. These stocking fillers will work just as well for your office Secret Santa too.
- One for dad – a novelty tie from M&S.
- One for your gal pal – New Look fairisle slipper socks.
- One for your wife or girlfriend – No7 Christmas special eye shadow.
- One for your brother – drinking game bar mats at Next.
- One for your tech addicted man – New Look touch screen gloves.
- One for your mum – Norweigan formula special edition hand cream.
- One for the hostess – mini White Company Nordic lantern.
And that’s a wrap for our festive gift guides this season. If you want to catch up on any, you can find them all here.
Sisters, cousins, friends. This gift guide has you covered for the stylish ladies in your life.
- Adornments to your handbag are a big thing right now, from tassels to fur balls. This grey Next faux fur ball will add instant glamour to your bag.
- If your best friend or sister has a thing for bubbles, these Wilkos gold spot champagne glasses will ensure they drink in style!
- This Soap & Glory limited edition gift box will give your best gal everything she needs to pamper herself!
- Your sister will love to snuggle up on a cold winter’s night with this mini hot water bottle set from New Look.
- You could add this M&S prosecco and chocolates set to the champagne glasses for a luxury gift.
Tomorrow, it’s the turn of the boys again, with a guide to gifts for your brother. Catch up on all of this week’s festive gift guides here.
Today is the turn of the gents in our lives, our husbands and boyfriends. Men are always so so difficult to buy for. I don’t know about the man in your life, but if my husband wants something, he tends to buy it for himself straight away. Which means that when Christmas comes round, he’s usually already got anything he wanted. We’ve rounded up a few things that might help you out if you’re really stuck:
- A leather wallet is always a lovely gift, particularly if your man’s current wallet is a little neglected.
- Beards seem to be “in” right now. My husband has grown one in recent months, so this Ted Baker beard kit is just the thing to ensure it’s nicely groomed.
- The latest Kindle Fire is a bargain – at less than £50! It will keep your man busy, whether watching his favourite programme, browsing the internet, or taking photos, or whatever. Plus, it’ll easily fit into any bag.
- It’s not Christmas without winter woollies – even better if they are novelty! This Next woolly bobble hat will do the trick!
- If in doubt, a flight or short break to somewhere you’ve both been dying to visit, is always a great gift – and one that you can appreciate too.
- Clarks Originals Desert Boots are a classic for any dapper gent.
- If your man is anything like mine, he’ll be very pleased with a selection of British ales.
Tomorrow, we’re back to the girls, with a festive gift guide for your sister or best gal pal. You can find the gift guides from earlier in the week here.
It’s 1 December! Happy advent everyone!
Calling all menfolk, this one is for you. Us girls aren’t really that difficult to buy for, it’s just a case of knowing where to look. But we’ve made it even easier for you, by doing the looking and rounding up a few of our favourite things in one place! (Ladies, you may want to mail this link to your man for a few hints!).
- I’m dying to try H&M’s new cosmetics collection after reading that all of the products are organic and none are tested on animals. This eyeshadow collection is perfect for the party season.
- Show your other half just how much they mean to you with this gorgeous double heart necklace by Daisy London.
- There’s no better way to create a festive feel at home than with the White Company’s signature Winter candle – it smells exactly like Christmas!
- If the lady in your life is into painting her nails, this exclusive Reiss nail polish gift set at Boots is chic and is sure to win your brownie points.
- Winter woollies are always appreciated – this Next woolly hat will go down a treat.
- Adele’s much anticipated new album was released last week and I quickly added it to my Christmas wish list. If Adele’s not your ladies bag, there’s bound to be a CD that will be.
- Totally love the Astrid and M initial rings – they come in every letter and in rose gold, yellow gold and sterling silver. These make a lovely and very personal gift.
If you’re enjoying this week’s gift guides, make sure to head back tomorrow for a guide to all things manly, for your hubby of boyfriend this festive season. If you’ve missed the ones earlier in the week, you can find our gift guide for your mum, here and your dad, here.